Sunday, February 6, 2011

Great Big Home and Garden Expo

It's that time to start thinking about spring cause winter is just toooo long!!!   So off we went to the Home and Garden show in Cleveland.   This year's show feature was a million   dollar home.  I wasn't that impressed with the home.  It was only two bedroom and the smaller bath looked like it hadn't been finished. 

What did impress me was the aquarium in the entrance and the swimming pool.  That's a star fish in the upper left side of the aquarium.  My husband commented on the pool "Is it for swimming or for looking at."  Not sure if I would want to swim in a pool with a fire in the middle of it. Plus it has arcing water spouts from several sides of the pool.  The home also had an elevator in it and multiple fire places.  It was powered by solar energy.




One of the venders was selling these rock/wire ducks and had them placed under the indoor ferris wheel.  I didn't get a chance to stop at the booth cause there were too many people around it.  Guess that vendor had a good day selling.  They are quite darling
On to the gardens we went.  They weren't quite as flowery as in the past.  The one garden that impressed me the most was the "Alice in Wonderland" garden .  We also saw a area with sculptures made out of metal, wood and stone.  We were surprised that the artist that worked with the metal sculptures remembered us.  Our children had attended the same school.  It was nice to see him and his work. 
So after being inside for five plus hours, seeing and smelling all the flowers and  gearing up for spring and summer projects this was what we had to travel home in.
REALITY

No comments:

About Me

My photo
North East Ohio, United States
Hi all, my name is Rosemary and I live in a small village in north east Ohio. I am 59 yrs old, married with two grown children a son (25yrs) a daughter (24yrs) a dalmation(12yrs)and an APL dog(13yrs). I love creating and have learned many crafts. I usually do a few winter craft shows each year. I am also very active in a Relay For Life team through my church. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will have some interesting conversations.