Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More snow!!!!

The weather service has predicted more snow and ice tonite.  Maybe I won't be able to make it to work tomorrow.  My years of experience has taught me that it is not worth the effort to try to get to work when the roads are bad.  I remember many years ago trying to get into work during an ice storm, going off the side of the road, not being able to get back onto the road for at least a hour, getting to work late........only to come out to my car after work to find someone had ran into the back of it, left damage but no note.   Winter is tolerable if you can just sit in your warm home and enjoy the beauty of it. Hopefully the weather service will be wrong again! 

My candle mat sold on e-bay last Sunday........and for more than I had listed it for.  Yippee.  I haven't sold any patterns yet, but have had a few lookers.  I will soon be putting together another one of my designs.  An Easter candle mat and I will show some pictures of it.  It has a bunny on it......my husband told me that this is the year of the rabbit so it seems appropriate.. maybe lucky.  The pattern and finished mat will also be listed on e-bay.  So stop back to see how it's going.

My just add ice orchid had its first bloom since I rescued it,  and six more possible.  That will give it ten blossoms total.  Guess it likes living with me.  I have it in a great room with large windows and a southern exposure.  Summer may be too warm for it.  I will get more pictures of it as the blossoms open. Many of the stores have them available for Valentine's day. 

Have a great day, stay warm and safe.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
North East Ohio, United States
Hi all, my name is Rosemary and I live in a small village in north east Ohio. I am 59 yrs old, married with two grown children a son (25yrs) a daughter (24yrs) a dalmation(12yrs)and an APL dog(13yrs). I love creating and have learned many crafts. I usually do a few winter craft shows each year. I am also very active in a Relay For Life team through my church. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will have some interesting conversations.