Sunday, January 31, 2010

Prayer Shawls



"Shawls ... made for centuries universal and embracing,
symbolic of an inclusive, unconditionally loving, God.
They wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace,
mother, hug, shelter and beautify.
Those who have received these shawls have been
uplifted and affirmed, as if given wings to
fly above their troubles..."

Written in 1998 by: Janet Bristow Copyright ©2009
The ladies of our church have been knitting and dedicating these shawl over the past several years to those who are in need of comfort.
This is one that I have been working on, I kinda put it aside when I started making candle mats but know that I need to get back to it, so by posting about it may keep me on track. We usually bring them to a Sunday service and have our minister pray over them before we box them up. As we hear of someone in need, a shawl is
sent out. Many of whom we have sent the shawls to have responded with such heart-felt thanks and usually say that they felt the comfort of peace as they wrapped themselves in them. If you would like to know more about them please visit www.shawlministry.com
Speaking of my candle mats, I plan on listing three this evening. These will be the last Valentine candle mats that I will be making for this season and plan on offering them at a discount starting price so if you get a chance check out my e-bay link.
Well stay warm and have a good week

1 comment:

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

what a wonderful idea ... prayer shawls. Who wouldn't love something so soft and pretty for comfort!
Good luck with your Ebay auctions. January and early February are always slow times on Ebay but Valentine things usually do well.
Cathy

About Me

My photo
North East Ohio, United States
Hi all, my name is Rosemary and I live in a small village in north east Ohio. I am 59 yrs old, married with two grown children a son (25yrs) a daughter (24yrs) a dalmation(12yrs)and an APL dog(13yrs). I love creating and have learned many crafts. I usually do a few winter craft shows each year. I am also very active in a Relay For Life team through my church. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will have some interesting conversations.