Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"My Valentine" Tutorial (2)


I have now placed the roses on the the white hearts using the bullion stitch.  The small red hearts are sewn onto the left side of the the white hearts using small white pearl beads. These are now blanket stitched to the pink hearts.
These hearts are now lined up on the dark red scalloped background, making sure the "V" line up and that the points at the bottom of the hearts align with each other.  I sew these on two at a time across from each other.
After getting all the hearts sewn onto the dark red background I position and blanket stitch it onto a white scalloped background. I placed pins onto the white scallops to alert me to the placement of the background white.  To finish the candle mat I then blanket stitch another white backing on.  This makes it a nice thick candle mat. This candle mat measures 15 inches
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
My darn camera.  The true color of the candle mat is in the last photo.  I'm hoping to be able to offer the pattern next week and I will probably be placing this candle mat on E-bay over the weekend.  Take care and stay warm!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
North East Ohio, United States
Hi all, my name is Rosemary and I live in a small village in north east Ohio. I am 59 yrs old, married with two grown children a son (25yrs) a daughter (24yrs) a dalmation(12yrs)and an APL dog(13yrs). I love creating and have learned many crafts. I usually do a few winter craft shows each year. I am also very active in a Relay For Life team through my church. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will have some interesting conversations.