Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just another Birthday!!

Last Sat was my birthday........I really hate the thought of getting older but it is closer to retirement.  And what is it they say, the 60's are the new 50's.  My son took us out to dinner.  Captain Morgan decided to join us and we  had a really nice time. My dear daughter sent me a lovely birthday card which brought tears to my eyes, and she also called.  She wasn't able to make it to dinner because of her job. I really got my birthday present earlier this month.  I've been wanting one of those terra-cotta rain barrels that you can plant flowers in the top but gather the rain for your garden.  It's alittle more upscale then those old wooden rainbarrels I grew up with.  It's in the gargage because we still may get snow later this week.......
as soon as I'm able to put it out I'll be posting a picture of it.  I also got these......(my dear mother always got me a cake, now that she's gone my husband has taken over)...only this year instead of a cake he came home with cupcakes.  Very sweet. It was a really nice birthday!  Thanks everyone.

I've been going through my sewing room, over the years I've accumulate tooo much stuff!..  I want to downsize and instead of having so many different type of crafts and alot of UFO's I will concentrate on wool and candle mats.  I have been selling and giving alot of material and books away.  I have a few quilter friends that just can't believe their fortune.  I did run across an UFO that I'm am planning on finishing.  It will be for my daughter, someday. It is a cathedral window quilt.  I've decided to set it out where I can see it, and easily pick it up even if it's just for a few stitches.  Here's what is done.......now that I've shown it, I will feel more responsible to finish it.  I plan on showing the progress  until it is finished.

I have also been working on some designs for my candle mats.   I don't feel very creative when it comes to designing for summer.  I have plenty of ideas for fall and winter.  I believe it's never to early to start working on Fall and Christmas projects......seems like right after the fourth it's almost too late.  Bittersweet and Rose hips are on my mind as I start working on this next project.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
North East Ohio, United States
Hi all, my name is Rosemary and I live in a small village in north east Ohio. I am 59 yrs old, married with two grown children a son (25yrs) a daughter (24yrs) a dalmation(12yrs)and an APL dog(13yrs). I love creating and have learned many crafts. I usually do a few winter craft shows each year. I am also very active in a Relay For Life team through my church. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will have some interesting conversations.